Wrong foods before bedtime can keep you awake: Know now!
Sleep-induced problems among individuals around the globe are growing enormously. Many of us find it hard to get a good night’s sleep. Yes! The problems of falling asleep might be due to disrupting patterns of the sleep-wake cycle, stress, waking up too often in the mid of the sleep, or due to intake of wrong foods before the bedtime. We all know that getting a good sleep during the night time is so important to keep the chronic diseases at bay also, it helps to improve brain function, boost metabolism and immune system as well.
Though there are many strategies to improve sleep quality, one of the easiest and effective ways that we can follow to get a tight sleep is by modifying our food habits and eliminating certain foods that affect the quality of our sleep.
Here, in this article, we discuss a list of 10 foods, that when had before the bedtime may keep you rolling in the bed for a while. Let’s go through what those foods are now! So, keep reading the post!
What foods do you eat before bedtime can sabotage your sleep?
Yes! We all know that foods help to keep infections and diseases at bay. But, we might have noticed consuming certain types of food or changing our food habits can sabotage our sleep. Now you will be wondering to know what types of foods are those. Yes! Here, we have compiled 10 wrong foods that can rob your good night’s sleep. So, avoid taking before you hit it before bedtime. Let’s see what those are now!
1. Caffeinated beverages:Drinking caffeinated beverages before you wrap under the bed sheets is an absolute no-no! The presence of caffeine in these drinks keeps you awake for a long time. But if you are normalized to caffeinated drinks, then your body may sometime adjust with it. It means, your body might be resistant to the effects of caffeine in your body.
2. Spicy foods:Consuming spicy foods before bedtime might make you difficult to fall asleep. Spicy foods also trigger gastrointestinal reflux (GERD). If you are feeling a burning sensation, burping as after the intake of food, then consult a doctor immediately. If medicines are prescribed to ease the symptoms, order them from a trusted online medicine store at the comfort of your home.
3. High-fat diet:Taking a high-fat diet, especially during the night time can affect your regular sleep-wake cycle. So, don’t add up all the junk foods like pizza, burger, fries, red meats, burgers to name a few regularly in the diet before bedtime.
4. High glycaemic index foods:Including foods rich in a high glycaemic index like desserts, confectioneries etc. just after your dinner can put your sugar levels down and make you hungry throughout the night.
5. Alcohol:Intake of alcohol of any type before bedtime can make you wake up multiple times during the night hours.
Foods that help to increase melatonin production:
Here is the list of foods that you can consume to increase your melatonin production in the body for a tight sleep. So, the foods that you can are:
- Chamomile tea
- Sweet corn
Getting enough sleep that too quality sleep during the night hours is vital for health. So, include more of sleep-inducing foods in the diet to have good quality sleeping hours during the night time. But, if you have repeated episodes of disturbed sleep or are suffering from insomnia, then get the advice from a healthcare provider. Your doctor may check you thoroughly to find the underlying cause. If medicines are prescribed, order prescription medicines from the best online pharmacy store and avail good medicine discounts on every product you choose.