What is the cost of hiring an iOS game developer?
Hiring an iOS game developer:Before starting the hiring process it is important to clarify the requirements and skills you need. Here is a list of requirements you should mention while hiring a developer.
- A bachelor’s degree in IT-related fields
- Knowledge of programming language
- Excellent software skills
- Years of experience
- Experience in working on toolchain, engines, and graphics
- Knowledgeable about artificial intelligence
- Should know how to perform code reviews to ensure the quality of code
- Performing at their best level, even under pressure
- Ability to resolve difficult technical issues within games
- Good communication skills
- Understanding object-oriented design patterns
- Good understanding of technique and process of developing a game
Hiring method:After you determine the skills of the developer you need to create an iOS game app, it is time to choose between how you are going to hire them.
You have the following hiring methods to choose from:
In-house team:If you want the development process to happen under one roof then hiring an in-house team is a good option. You will need to hire developers to create the game and QA engineers to test it before making it live.
You get to manage the project as everything is happening under one roof.
Outsourcing:There is an option of outsourcing the project as well. It is a smart choice to outsource the development of iOS games because it allows you to choose from a wider talent pool. Some platforms allow you to find the best developers in the world. The developing companies take care of everything related to game development. They will give you the finished project within the decided time.
Check: Game development outsourcing
- Employees working remotely cost less than in-house hires as there are no office expenses
- The expertise achieved during the development project stays within the company
- You get to establish engaged and productive teams and enjoy a long-term relationship
Freelancers:Hiring freelancers is also an option. You can choose the best game developers you can afford from all around the world. The rates of freelancers vary making it easier to find an affordable one.
Make sure you are clear about the available development budget for the iOS game as it will allow you to choose the best hiring method.
- Hiring freelancers is cost-effective
- It provides access to worldwide skills and knowledge
- There are fewer employer responsibilities. After the project is delivered the work relation is either paused or ended.
The complexity of the project:The cost of hiring game developers depends on the size and complexity of the project as well. If the game you are developing is simple and has a small number of levels then the cost of development will be lower. Some developing companies charge by the number of pages while others give a fixed price for the entire project.
The games that incorporate the latest technology and have countless layers take time to develop and are costly.
Check: Game app development cost
Key things to consider:The hiring process is hard and time-consuming. There is always a certain level of risk as you can never be a hundred percent sure that you are choosing the ideal candidate. Here are some important things to consider during the hiring process:
- The type of game app you are developing
- Adequate skills and experience
- Ability to adapt to different working conditions
- Capable of forming long-term partnerships
- Check references and portfolio of the candidate
- Capability in terms of tools, language, time zones, etc
- Check their knowledge of OOP principles iOD SDK, SOLID, APNS, Apple purchase, Core Data, GIT version control system, and Swift testing tools.