How to Fix Youtube Buffering — Easy Guide
Youtube is one of the most popular video platforms that attracts millions of viewers everyday. The most frustrating thing you can face while trying to enjoy streaming Youtube is buffering. Although we all have access to fast internet these days, such problems as buffering still occur and there are few reasons for it. I will explain those reasons to you and give you some tips on how to fix Youtube buffering.
Why Is Youtube Buffering
Youtube buffering usually appears because of your internet connection problems and this doesn’t mean that you have slow internet in general. Doesn’t matter how fast your internet is, you can still face Youtube buffering issues.
Some most common reasons why Youtube keeps buffering:
- You don’t have enough bandwidth for internet to watch HD Youtube videos;
- Browser or app issues on your devices;
- ISP is throttling your internet connection.
Troubleshooting and Fixing Youtube Buffering problems
- Test your internet speed. Check what speed you get while watching Youtube. There is a possibility that your ISP is experiencing temporary technical issues.
- Test if your ISP is throttling Youtube. Youtube is a bandwidth heavy platform and often is throttled by ISPs.
- Restart your router and make sure its software is up to date.
- Restart your device. This will ensure that there are no app or cache issues and restarting always help to solve 50% of the problems right?
- Try using another browser.
The biggest problem of these is the ISP throttling and some ISPs like to do that a lot. Although you can easily fix it by investing in a VPN.
How to stop ISP throttling Youtube
ISP throttling means that your internet service provider limits your internet connection speed on purpose. This often happens when you use bandwidth heavy platforms such as Youtube, Netflix or Torrents. ISPs can see all of their users’ activities online and how much data they use and some ISPs when they see people using heavy bandwidth platforms limits their internet speed.
The easiest way to bypass ISP throttling Youtube is to use a VPN. VPN encrypts your traffic and changes your IP address, by doing so it hides your activities from ISP and any other third party members, when your ISP doesn’t know what you are doing online they won’t be able to throttle.
VPN for throttling
All you need to do is get a secure VPN which can ensure anonymity, this means the VPN has to have strict no logs policy, strong encryption, fast servers and built in kill-switch. One of the best VPNs that will ensure anonymity from your ISP — Surfshark. Surfshark is quite cheap, supports an unlimited number of devices, doesn’t collect logs, has fast servers, is easy to use and set up on devices, offers 30-day money back guarantee and right now you can get it with 83% discount.Source: https://medium.com/@georgeraffel974/how-to-fix-youtube-buffering-easy-guide-9c3aa1d8c329