Australian Dating Scene | Finicky in Matters of the Heart
Single and ready to mingle but not dating as much as you would like? Welcome to the finicky world of the Australian Dating Scene.
Australians Play Coy When it Comes to Picking a PartnerThere is very much a pack mentality in Australia. You will see groups of guys and girls, and never the two shall meet.
There is a general lack of self-confidence and chivalry.
In most cases Australians are not encouraged to take on gentlemanly traits. They are ridiculed for acting in a s gentlemanly fashion.Women are known to sit back and let men do all the sweating.
eHarmony’s Love Research on the Australian Dating SceneReveals that Australians are incredibly picky when it comes to dating.
A whooping one-in-five single Aussies make their mind up about a potential partner in the first five minutes.People’s dating checklists are holding them back from finding the relationship they deserve.
95% admitted to having a dating checklist that they measure potential partners against.
1/3rd of singles said the only date their “type”.
If you’re really looking for a relationship, a hard-and-fast checklist narrows your opportunities.
Nearly half – 44% of men refuse to date anyone overweight.
31% of women won’t date someone short.
92% of men said they wouldn’t date a woman who was older than them.
Some men said they’d strike a potential partner for the wrong hair (16%) or wrong eye colour (17%).
1/3rd of millennial singles said that if their date didn’t match their criteria in the first hour, they’d pretend to go to the bathroom and do a runner.
Singles are potentially passing on someone who might not generally tick all their boxes. They don’t understand that given time, its a possibility to feel chemistry and share deep compatibility with.
It sounds like the Aussie dating scene needs a bit of a wake-up call.
Whats going wrong? | Current Love SceneDating apps have added layers of complexity to the way people want to find love.
The following scenario sums up a typical activity of people on dating apps.
Download with enthusiasm.
Chat. (more Yeh!)
Wait an eternity for someone to suggest a meeting (less Yeh)
- If a person is on multiple apps it gets too overwhelming.There is so much choice but you are not giving your attention to the one thing well, so you end up frustrated.
- Online dating fatigue sets in particularly among people older than 30.
- If you’re doing the same thing repeatedly and feeling discouraged, you have to reassess that.
- Rejection can hurt. It can have a long-term psychological effect. You have to have some robustness to handle that.
- Quite often it’s not about you, it’s just you haven’t ticked a certain box for the other person.