Telemedicine Software can sometimes achieve better results than in-people visits. Its use increases patient retention of 81.5% and dramatically reduces costs. In Philadelphia, adopting a telemedicine platform saved a hospital of up to $ 1,500 per hospital visit and up to $ 120 per patient visit. Even before the pandemic, the statista speculates the telemedicine market size trend.
Continue to read to learn the main trends in the development of telehealth products, typical application functionality, and the stages of the development process with estimated cost per stages. Now, as many as 90% of health executives have moved to develop or implement telemedicine programs into their organizations.
Trends for telehealth software development after covid
Covid-19 accelerates the growth of the telemedicine software development market
Telemedicine is not a new thing: the clinic has used it for decades. However, adoption is a slow process until Covid-19, but a pandemic has caused the use of telehealth to skyrocket from 11% to 76% in a year. Patients canceled direct care and the government turned off medical facilities forced both regulatory organizations and providers to adapt aggressively to new situations.
Covid-19 has produced 80 new telehealth services approved, and many previous restrictions have been appointed. The new law is now forcing insurance companies to cover virtual health services in the same way they include in-wear visits. Loose restrictions have enabled providers to quickly improve their telehealth offerings up to 50-146 times on average.
Looking forward to the trend in Telecare, what do we expect from telemedicine technology and clinical applications in the near future? This is a short list.
First Primary Care Application
Research shows that 97% of primary care practitioners use telemedicine in 2020. Practitioners may continue to use the telemedicine platform for follow-up and pollusing care. This will result in better healthcare consulting application functionality.
Special care submission application
Not all specialties will benefit the same from Telemedicine Software. It may be more difficult to implement practices based on special procedures such as eyes or surgery. However, we can enter virtual tools into special care shipping. For example, there is an increase in use for telepsikiatris and more and more pre-and post-bored virtual consultations.
Further application for video visits
Increasing the use of video visits by medical staff, patients, family and their friends will likely produce more advanced video applications specifically designed for treatment arrangements than personal or business communication.
Remote patient monitoring (RPM)
For better care results, practitioners collect patient health data using RPM technology along with video consultations. The RPM tool has proven to be more effective and reliable to examine risk factors rather than traditional methods. RPM allows practitioners to find potentially dangerous factors that affect the health of patients and detect diseases or complications in the previous stage. With what is said, the RPM tool is likely to develop into a more complex system overcoming a wide range of health parameters.
The use of expanded AI-Tools. The telemedicine platform and RPM tool are widely used artificial intelligence. They are used in advanced chatbots, for recognition recognition, voice search, machine learning, etc. AI-based chatbots consult with patients about their symptoms, produce health data, and submit conversations to health experts if needed.
· Blockchain. The use of Blockchain technology allows telemedicine application developers to decentralize very encrypted data. In other words, encrypted health records are shared and stored on computer networks. This results in a higher level of data security and more and more health care applications utilize blockchain.
· Internet of Things (IoT). Connect telemedicine equipment such as tablets
· Augmented Reality (AR). The telehealth platform can use AR to visualize data or digital interface during video consultation. AR increases patient experience and increases involvement.
Telemedicine software features to consider
Features can vary depending on the purpose of the software and whether it is used by patients or practitioners. When considering building vs. buy a telemedicine platform, keep in mind that with customized functions, special solutions will be charged less in the long term.
Two important telemedicine software features that need to be considered are:
· Data security. Telehealth Security must include data encryption and HIPAA compliance. You can also consider developing Blockchain-based software.
· Multi-platform approach. This application must run smoothly on the iOS and Android mobile platforms, as well as on the web.
If your software is used by patients, consider implementing the following features:
· Communication. The main features of telemedicine software patients are real-time consulting online. This can be done through calls, audio, or video calls. Special empowerment software for dermatologists, for example, can use photo-based consultations.
· Patient registration and profile. Make sure the user can register via email, social networking, or with a telephone number. Consider making a simple patient profile, with automatic filling fields, so users don't have to fill out a long form.
· Advanced search. Users need the ability to find specialists based on several criteria such as specialization, availability, ranking, and price.
· Scheduling. Software must display a list of users of their appointments (even better if displayed as a calendar). It must also let them choose the date and time based on the availability of doctors and edit (or cancel) appointment if necessary.
· Notification. By using push notifications and reminders, the application can remind users about future appointments.
· Geolocation. To display doctors available with a valid license in a certain area, the software needs to collect the user's location.
· Cellular payment. The gateway system such as PayPal or Braintree usually integrates smoothly with telemedicine software.
· Ranking system. With this feature, you can collect user feedback about application functionality and performance. For the doctor-patient aggregator, the user ratings are needed to assess the quality of services provided.
Specific features for telemedicine software practitioners will include:
· EHR Review. Doctors must be able to check patient records, profiles, data from medical institutions, or other data sources.
· Medical prescription. The software must allow practitioners to place digital digital recipes, which are very efficient for patients with ongoing recipes.
· Analytic. Doctors need to check the progress of treatment and recipe history. The dashboard with analytics will help them make adjustments to the care process if necessary.
· Integration with a pharmaceutical database. Integration with a drug store will prevent doctors from prescribe rare drugs, not available, or obsolete.
This is not a complete list of telemedicine software features, but this is a good start to help decide which function might want you to include in your software. ERP Software Development is another trending software breaking of the roof!