The Tax Residency Certificate in the UAE is a document provided to business owners and entrepreneurs to help prevent double taxation. This document is applied for by individuals who are paying taxes in another country, wherein they have an income due to a business. As the UAE is a part of several Double Tax Avoidance Agreements with other countries, having such a certificate helps them avoid being taxed in both countries. Business owners can, therefore, avail of tax benefits by obtaining the Tax Residency Certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for Tax Residency Certificate in UAE
● Must be a resident of the UAE for a minimum of 180 days
● In case a company applies, it must have functioned within the UAE for at least one year
● Must have a valid and registered email ID and account with the Ministry of Finance
● Non-residents cannot apply for the Residence or Domicile Certificate in the UAE
● Branches of foreign companies cannot apply for a TRC.
● Non-employed individuals, such as spouses of salaried individuals, cannot apply for a