According to a report, â€œSpray Drying Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Cycle (Open, Closed), By Product (Rotary, Nozzle Atomizer), By Stage (Single-Stage, Two-Stage), By Flow, By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025
â€ published by Grand View Research, Inc., the globalÂ spray drying equipment marketÂ
size is estimated to reach USD 7.19 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 6.8%. Spray drying envisages transforming a liquid, slurry, or semi-solid feed into a dried powder form using hot gas. It is a widely preferred method to dry food materials, pharmaceutical products, and other temperature-sensitive items, such as dairy products. Moreover, the rising need to increase the shelf-life of processed food and pharmaceutical products is opening new growth opportunities in the food processing and pharmaceutical industries. Thus, demand from the dairy processing industry for producing milk powder and stabilizing the milk constituents and from the pharmaceutical industry for producing antibiotics is anticipated to drive the market.
The demand for nutrition products including whey protein, mass gainer, egg white protein, casein protein has increased due to rising awareness about leading a healthy lifestyle and preventing disorders, such as obesity, diabetes, and high BP. This, in turn, has also augmented the demand for dryers from the nutraceutical industry. Increasing demand for resins and polymers in line with the growing usage of synthetics has triggered the demand for drying Suspension Polyvinyl Chloride (S-PVC), Emulsion Polyvinyl Chloride (E-PVC), and other chemicals required for producing building pipes, cable insulations, and hard and soft foils, among others. Demand for spray dryers for industrial purposes is further expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
The growing need for application-specific dryers is also offering new growth opportunities for companies to develop innovative equipment. For instance, the risk of explosion and emission of hazardous gases while drying chemical and pharmaceutical products has led to the development of closed-loop dryers. Similarly, the need to process and produce powder particles in bulk quantities is leading to the significant adoption of three-stage equipment. However, high installation and maintenance costs and the inability of spray dryers to process highly-viscous materials, such as starch and fruit pulp, may hinder the market growth over the forecast period.Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Spray Drying Equipment Market ReportSpray Drying Equipment Market Report Highlights
Spray Drying Equipment Market Segmentation
- On the basis of product, the nozzle atomizer segment held the largest market share of 41.2% of the global market in 2018 owing to the significant adoption of nozzle atomizer-based equipment to produce coarser and free-flowing powders.
- Detailing the stage insights, the two-stage segment accounted for the largest market share of more than 40% in 2018 and is estimated to maintain the dominance in the future owing to the increasing demand for these dryers across various industrial applications.
- The open cycle segment accounted for the largest market share of more than 65% in 2018 and is likely to maintain the dominance in the years to come.
- On the basis of application, the food & dairy segment was the largest application segment in 2018 owing to the significant adoption of the equipment for producing infant products, egg powder, and coffee powder.
- The chemical segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to the increasing product adoption in the chemical industry for spray drying polymers, resins, and other intermediates of chemical products.
- The North America region accounted for the largest market share of more than 30% in 2018 due to the quick adoption of new and emerging technologies by key companies to improve the overall efficiency and ensure optimum product quality.
Grand View Research has segmented the global spray drying equipment market on the basis of product, stage, cycle, flow, application, and region:Spray Drying Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
Spray Drying Equipment Stage Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Rotary Atomizer
- Nozzle Atomizer
Spray Drying Equipment Cycle Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
Spray Drying Equipment Flow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
Spray Drying Equipment Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Mixed Flow
Spray Drying Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Food & Dairy
- Pharmaceuticals & Nutraceuticals
Key Players in the Spray Drying Equipment Market
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- MEA (Middle East & Africa)
About Grand View Research
- GEA Group AG
- G. Larsson Starch Technology AB
- SPX FLOW, Inc.
- Dedert Corporation
- Shandong Tianli Drying Technology and Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Hemraj Enterprises
- New AVM Systech Pvt. Ltd.
- BÃœCHI Labortechnik AG
- Yamato Scientific America, Inc.
- Swenson Technology, Inc.
- Tetra Pak International S.A.
- Saka Engineering Systems Private Ltd.
- Tetra Pak International S.A.
- Acmefil Engineering Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. TheÂ company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.