The global silt curtain market
size is expected to reach USD 9.4 million by 2025, accelerating at a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing awareness regarding environmental degradation and favorable government regulations regarding the use of silt curtains during the construction activities near water bodies are expected to drive the product demand.
The development of marine construction including harbors, ports, dams, and bridges is expected to complement the market growth. This can be attributed to the usage of the product in construction activities to prevent the dispersion of suspended solid particles such as silt, sediments, and construction debris leading to water contamination.
Rapid growth in landscape restoration projects in developed countries such as the U.S. and Japan is anticipated to have a positive impact on the demand for silt curtains. Furthermore, rising awareness concerning environmental mitigation related to marine construction and dredging activities is anticipated to boost product demand.
Increasing penetration of silt curtains in various activities such as excavation, sediment pond management, and tailings dams dredging is likely to augment the market growth. Regulatory trends concerning environmental protection during offshore oil & gas exploration activities have aided the penetration of silt curtains in these applications.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Silt Curtain Market Report
Silt Curtain Market Report Highlights
- The type I silt curtains segment accounted for 76.4% of the global revenue in 2018 on account of their increasing usage in calm and secure water bodies where the effect of waves, current, and wind is minimal
- Erosion control application segment is projected to witness growth at a CAGR of 3.4%, in terms of revenue, from 2019 to 2025, owing to the productâ€™s ability to prevent erosion and hold the soil in areas where other sediment & erosion control techniques cannot be used
- North America is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 4.0%, in terms of revenue, from 2019 to 2025 on account of growing marine construction due to rapid developments in the offshore oil & gas industry
- Germany accounted for a share of 20.4% in the overall demand generated in European market owing to the increasing product penetration in the country with its use in various restoration activities and infrastructure projects along the shoreline
- Major players in the silt curtain market provide a wide range of products along with custom designs, secondary components, and installation services, which help companies gain an edge over their competitors.
Silt Curtain Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global silt curtain market on the basis of product, application, and region:Product Outlook (Volume, Thousand Square Meters; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 - 2025)Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Square Meters; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 - 2025)
Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Square Meters; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 - 2025)
- Erosion control
About Grand View Research
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. TheÂ company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.