There is nothing enraging than an intermittent or spotty WiFi network especially when you are doing something really important using the internet. Well, in such a situation, it is recommended to rely on a brand like Netgear. If there are no WiFi zones in your home and you are unable to access the internet in every area, you can set up a Netgear WiFi range extender to cover your entire home with smooth WiFi coverage.
Although setting up a Netgear extender is not rocket science, some people especially non-techies find that task a bit troublesome. If you are also not able to perform Netgear extender setup then following the in-detailed steps given in the write-up, you will easily be able to make your device up and running. Let’s get started!
Netgear is certainly one of the most popular brands offering a variety of products under its lineup. Therefore, no matter which Netgear extender model you are trying to set up, the steps we are going to explain will work the same for all models.
How to Set up Netgear WiFi Range Extender?
Once you are done with the unwrapping of your device and installation of antennas, start following the steps below:
1. Plug your Netgear WiFi range extender into a wall socket that is not only working properly but also giving a fluctuation-free power supply.
2. Wait for some time to let all the power LEDs on your Netgear extender turn green.
3. Once you see the green light, connect your Netgear extender to your existing router. You can connect both devices either wirelessly or using a cable.
4. Now it’s time to get your device connected through Netgear_ext. So, do the same.
5. Next, launch a web browser on your machine and start the process of setting up your Netgear WiFi range extender.
6. Now, access mywifiext.net web address by entering it into the URL bar of your browser.
7. You will then be redirected to the Netgear extender login page.
8. Reaching here, enter the default username and password of your device and hit Log In. If you are not informed of the default credentials, access the Netgear extender manual you might have received within the box you received your extender.
9. As soon as you press the Log In option, you will find yourself on the dashboard of the Netgear extender.
10. Reaching there, select the WiFi network you want to extend using Netgear extender.
11. You need to fill in your Netgear_ext SSID here to complete the setup process. So, do the same.
12. Continue with the on-screen prompts and make your device operational.
This is how you set up your Netgear extender in no time.
Below we are going to outline some additional tips for you so that you can complete the Netgear extender setup process in a hassle-free manner.
Bonus Tips for Doing Successful Netgear Extender Setup
As mentioned earlier, Netgear extender setup steps are the same for all products. Nevertheless, there are some points to keep in mind for the successful completion of the Netgear WiFi range extender setup process.
1. Locate your extender away from electronic devices, fish tanks, metal objects, Bluetooth devices, and reflexive surfaces. If your extender will be placed close to any such things, then perhaps you will not get the desired results and can get entangled in WiFi network-related issues.
2. To avoid any disturbance in between the Netgear extender setup process and execute a smooth installation, it is suggested to access the mywifiext login page using an updated internet browser only. Apart from that, also bear in mind to erase cache, cookies, and browsing history from the same browser.
3. While accessing the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, ensure to enter the default web address as well as Netgear_ext SSID correctly and without any error.
4. The first-time login of Netgear extender can be done using the default username and password. So, don’t find yourself helpless at the time of reaching this step. We have already suggested you access the manual of your device to get the details.
We hope that by following the directions given in this article, you will be able to complete the Netgear extender setup. If still you are experiencing any trouble while installing your Netgear device, feel free to shoot your question in the comments section. Our experts will try to get back to you with a suitable response to the problem you might be facing while doing the Netgear extender setup.