Syncing your QuickBooks files on multiple computers will allow many people to work on the same file and thus increase productivity. The best way to gain access to the files on different computer is to set up a multi-user network. Since the steps to set up the network are a little complicated it is best that you call the quickbooks customer care number
and consult an expert before you attempt the process on your own. For additional reference, you can also go through the instructions given in this blog to install a multi-user network.Steps to Set up and install a multi-user network
The multi-user network is designed in such a way that only one computer, which is known as the server computer, hosts your company files. All computers that are connected to your network are called work stations. Here are the steps you need to follow to set up and install a multi-user network
- Step 1: Set up QuickBooks Desktop: Visit the official website and follow the instructions to install QuickBooks Desktop on the server computer.
- Step 2: Set Folder Permissions: Go to â€˜Propertiesâ€™ in QuickBooks and follow the given instructions to set up folder permissions on your computer.
- Step 3: Install Database Server Manager: Check if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool is installed on your server computer.
- Step 4: Set Admin Rights: Ensure that the user account you use to sign in to the main server computer has the required Windows admin rights.
- Step 5: Use Database Server Manager: Once you finish installing the Database Server Manager, scan the folder with your company files.
- Step 6: Turn on hosting: Once you successfully set up everything you just have to turn on Multi-user Access on the server computer.
Keep in mind that when you turn on the access, your server computer should be the only device in your network with this feature turned on. If you want more details about how you can sync QuickBooks files between two computers you can also call the quickbooks tech support
and ask for help. Qualified software experts will guide you so that you can make the most of your QuickBooks accounting software.Source URL:Â How to sync QuickBooks files between two computers