In today’s world Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software present in the market for many small and mid-sized businesses. But due to its vast popularity this software also faces some error and one such error user faces is error initializing QBPOS application log. The problem comes when you open Quickbooks Point of Sale on your device. The leading cause behind error initializing QBPOS application log can be the incompatibility of two different softwares or the windows files that are damaged and corrupted in your device. Apart from this, a damaged window is also a significant reason. Ensure you check that you are not logged in as the Admin user in Quickbooks Point of Sale.
This error doesn’t happen so frequently but if it is happening with you, get in touch with Quickbooks Helpline Support. Also, the process of fixing this error is a bit tricky, so continue reading to the step ahead to resolve it.
Here’s how to resolve error initializing the QBPOS application log:
There are primary two ways to resolve this error initializing QBPOS application log:
Method 1: Edit the contents of the QBPOS shell folder
1) Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys altogether to open the task manager.
2) Go to Process Tab and click QBPOS Shell, then click End Task.
3) Go to File Explorer using Windows+E keys.
4) Go to View Tab and check out Hidden items.
5) Navigate to C:/Users/(User Name)/App/data/Local/Intuit/QBPOSshell.exe and open the latest data folder.
6) Right-click on the user.config and rename it as user.config.old
7) Close all the windows.
8) Now, reopen the QBPOS.
Method 2: Create a new windows admin
1) Right-click on the Windows icon and go to settings.
2) Go to Accounts and then click on Family and other users.
3) Below Other users, select Add someone else to this PC.
4) Now tap on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
5) Select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
6) Type your Username and Password, click Next.
7) You would see the new user that you have made recently.
8) Click on New User and select Change Account Type.
9) On the coming window, select the drop-down menu and switch the user from Standard to Admin; click OK.
10) Open your Quickbooks Point of Sale.
We hope that the steps given above were helpful enough for you in troubleshooting this error initializing QBPOS application log. For further smooth implementations, you can get assistance from Quickbooks Helpline Support. Keep visiting our Accounting error solution website for excellent solutions to Quickbooks-related errors.