Brother Printer touch screen not working
Are you troubled by the Brother printer touch screen not working
error? If yes, then you have opened the right page as here you will find the solution to your problem.
Below are the Steps that You Need to Follow if Your Touchscreen Becomes Unresponsive. Â Step 1: Disconnect the power wire
from the printer device.Step 2:Â Power off
your machine and then turn it on once again.Step 3:
After that,Â reconnect the wires
to the printer device.Step 4: Choose
the firmware option of your machine.
a) Select the option of theÂ touchscreen
on your Settings.
b) After that, select the option ofÂ All Settings
c) Press the Up arrow key and Down arrow key to show machine info. Now,Â select
the firmware version.
- In case the main version is lower than J, then you are required toÂ update the firmware. Once you are done uploading the firmware, then carry out the next.
- In case the main version is J or more than J, thenÂ perform the next step.
Power off your machine and thenÂ turn it on once again
Now, you need toÂ test the touchscreen
. Try to press different options appearing before you and then repeat the entire process that you carried out when you got to know the whole issue. In case the issue continues, then carry out the next step.Step 7: Use a pencil
or stylus that has a dull point. A wooden or plastic object can do the job if the stylus is required for calibration.Step 8:Â
Based on how severe the problem is, there is a chance that you may not be able to calibrate theÂ touchscreen
by carrying out the steps given below.Step 9:Â
Select the option ofÂ Settings
on your touchscreen to light up Home.Step 10:Â
After that, you need toÂ press and hold
Home for the next 10 seconds on the touch panel. Don't release till the ROM version or Serial number appears on the screen.Step 11:Â
Select theÂ blank section
appearing at the end.Step 12:
Now,Â press 0Â
or # on your touchpanel. After that, 0 will be displayed on the top left corner of your touchscreen.Step 13:Â
After that, theÂ touchscreen
is going to show 5 white dots from 1-5.Step 14:Â
Use the tool of your choice, thenÂ press
on the white dots very lightly in a proper sequence. Don't press it too hard and ensure that you press the dot only and nothing else.
- When you press it properly, then the dot and the number will get removed from the screen.
- Make sure you don't press Cancel accidentally using your hand. If you press Cancel, then you will have to restart the whole process from step 9.
- Step 15:Â Once you are done pressing the white dots, the LCD will show OK or NG on the left side.
- In case Ok appears on the touchscreen, then you will go back to your home screen.
- If NG displays on your touchscreen, then 5 numbered dots will appear again.
- Step 16: If Ok appears on your screen, then you must test your touchscreen. Try pressing different options appearing on the screen or repeat the same process that you performed when you noticed the problem.