If you use Windows 10 later, Windows Defender is the default antivirus or antimalware solution. It helps you protect against all kinds of ransomware using controlled folder access.
Windows Defender is one of the best built-in antivirus, one of the entire antivirus, and it works well if you follow all of the tips for the best way to use this antivirus and use your computer. You need to understand how to be careful when using the web if you want to be protected from viruses, malware, etc.
Sometimes you will find that the CPU usage of Windows Defender can be high, ranging from 30 to 90 percent. If you want to observe the CPU usage of Windows Defender, run the task manager to discover the actual CPU usage right under the heading "Performing an anti-malware service."
The MsMpEng.exe process is also known as the Antimalware Service executable and is wholly related to the Windows Defender real-time protection module. If your system is infected or hung by malware, MsMpEng.exe consumes a considerable amount of CPU resources and slows down your computer's standard operations and processing speed.
To fix these types of problems, you only need to follow simple steps to help solve this problem on your computer. We present the methods step by step: Determine the disease in your system.
1. Go to the Start menu, go to Windows Defender Settings and click Virus & Threat Protection to scan your computer.
2. A dialog box will open. Now you need to click Run Advanced Scan Recently, which is only available under Scan Now option, to perform a full scan.
3. There are three options: Full Scan, Custom Scan, and Windows Defender Offline Scan.
4. The process will likely take some time, and if it detects any viruses or threats, it will be removed automatically.
After an infected virus or malware is detected and removed from your body, follow these steps:
Windows Defender protects your system from viruses, malware, viruses, etc. by running in the background, known as real-time protection. It observes all internal processes and scans them. It also checks to detect strange behavior, and sometimes it can lead to high CPU usage. Read more: Malwarebytes not working with win 10Â
It's funny, but if you want to avoid the MsMpEng.exe problem, you want to add Windows Defender to the implementation list, so it doesn't scan itself and reduces CPU usage.
1. Click the Window Security window, and you will find the option or Hotmail and Threat Protection in the Ideal pane.
2. Today, you will come across many options from virus and threat protection settings, one of them. Select this option and scroll down to the last one and click Add or remove exclusions.
3. Understand the Add exclusion option and add everything you need, such as a file, folder, processor file type from the implementation list.
4. Click Folder and then navigate to C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \.
5. Sometimes, you will find User Access Control; you need to click Yes and continue.
6. Your job doesn't work. Now restart your computer, and you won't discover the best CPU usage in Windows Defender.
7. However, if you still discover the problem of high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable, you can also apply the method below. Disable real-time protection
One of the main reasons for Windows Defender's high CPU usage is its real-time protection. Consequently, if you disable real-time protection, it will reduce high CPU usage. However, my recommendation does not disable real-time protection for quite some time. It may also happen that you face this issue again after allowing real-time protection.
1. When you click on an option, you will discover a button on the perfect panel. Disable only this button and if you see the User Access Control pop-up, click Yes.
2. You will not be confronted with the problem of high CPU usage by the Antimalware Service executable. However, don't forget that this is a temporary solution. Do not disable real-time protection for a very long time.
The methods mentioned above will surely help you; however, if these methods don't work, you can switch from Windows Defender antivirus to another antivirus like Avast, Kaspersky, AVG, Norton, McAfee, etc. There is no requirement to get anything.
Just download an antivirus program and install it on your computer. Windows Protection will turn off automatically. By doing this, you can reduce the maximum CPU usage of the anti-malware service executable.
If you want better protection, you can install MalwareBytes on your system. You will understand that your computer is much safer than Windows Defender.
I hope these methods will allow you to solve big problems with the executable CPU-based anti-malware service file. If you see something incorrect in the methods mentioned above or have something to tell us, please write in the comment box. We will let you find out everything you would like to ask. Visit here for more: Malwarebytes unable to connect to a server