Emirates is one of the best airlines in the United Arab Emirates, owned by Govt. of Dubai’s Investment Corporation of Dubai. Along with operating in more than 80 countries all over the world, it takes cares of its customer 24 x 7. The airline is known for its customer-centric services. Moreover, one can change,cancel my Emirates flight and get a refundvery easily, depending on the fare type. You can go through the below information and understand how to cancel your flight on an emirate airline and get the refund against cancellation.
How to cancel or change a flight on emirates airlines
1. Cancelling a flight or changing a flight is very easy with Emirates airline.
2. Go to the official website of the airline
3. To find your booking, use your name and flight reference
4. Now you can ask for cancellation from there, else if you want you can also change your flight.
You can also cancel your flight via connecting with the customer executive.
1. Visit official website
2. Visit to help and contact page
3. You will see the customer service number
4. From there you can connect with customer executive and ask for your cancellation
5. They will help you with the cancellation and refund also.
The airline has introduced a new guideline keeping the covid situation in mind. whenever you want to change or cancel your ticket, you have two option now, one you can plan your travel and fly in 36 months valid for the date of your original booking else you can request a refund.
Get a refund on Emirates Airlines
1. Once you have cancelled your flight, you can keep your ticket and re-schedule it within 36 months, else you can request a refund.
2. To request a refund, you need to first check your fare condition, whether it’s eligible for a full refund or not
3. If you are eligible, you can ask for a refund by visiting the manage booking option
You can also use the online request refund form.
4. If you have purchased your ticket online via credit card or debit card, the refunded amount will be credited to your card only.
5. If the ticket is fully refunded, the change or cancellation fee will be deducted.
6. If your fare type is non-refundable then you are not eligible for any refund
To get a refund on Emirates Airlines, you must check your refund type, your refund type will be based on ticket and products as below
Fully unused ticket – in this case only change or cancel fee will be deducted, the rest of the whole amount will be credited to your original payment method.
Partially used ticket - for a partially used ticket, you will receive a refund only for the unused ticket.
Downgrade - refund team will verify your request first and only then any refund will be processed
Skywards miles or business reward points - in this case, unutilized miles or points will be refunded according to skywards or business reward programmer’s rules.
Similarly you can check for visa deposit, seat selection, paid lounge access etc. and apply for refund accordingly.