Outlook is a popular e-mail application used by business enterprises to send/receive emails, manage tasks, contacts, etc. However, this application is subject to errors like sometimes when the email is received by the recipient he/she is not able to view the attachments. If you also face this challenge, this article is specifically for you. The blog provides you with the best solution.
Fix Error "Outlook file cannot be previewed" Manually
Here we listed manual methods to fix Outlook preview error:-
Check the Preview Settings
1. Download Outlook attachment
2. Open Windows Explorer and visit the download path
3. Right click on the file and click open with
4. You will be asked to select an application to open the file. If you don’t find the right application, select more apps
5. Browse through the different apps and select the appropriate application
6. Tick the dialog box showing always uses this application to open similar files
7. If you are not able to find the supported application, you need to download the application. Once the application is downloaded set it as default for such file types, restart Outlook.
Fix Window Registry Errors
If you are still facing this issue, you need to repair Windows registry errors.
1. Press Win + R to start Run dialogue box
2. Type ”Regedit” and press the enter tab
3. Browse on the path mentioned below
4. In other cases, press the below-mentioned path can be
Verify the data, name, and other fields
5. If the fields are incorrect, right-click on the string and modify it
6. Update the fields
7. Press Ok to save the changes
8. If you are not able to modify it, delete the old entry and create a new application.
Activate Windows Firewall settings
The error occurs when Firewall settings are not activated on your system. To enable the firewall, follow these steps
1. On the system, click the start tab and press the settings tab.
2. Look for update and security and click
3. Look for Windows security and click
4. You need to search for Firewall and Network protection and select that.
5. Select the network profile and there you will see Windows Defender Firewall.
6. Turn on the settings on Windows Defender Firewall.
So by following the above methods you can fix the Outlook preview issue and watch the attachments of Outlook files.
However, this issue might be raised due to corruption in the PST files. To solve this issue, we recommend you use SysInspire PST recovery software. The software is equipped with advanced algorithms that scan the files and solve the errors within few clicks and your PST files will be repaired. The tool also comes with a free trial version so the user can know about its working before purchasing it.
Related Queries of the users:-
How can I fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc92