Home Remedies to Improve Male Fertility Here are some handy remedies which can improve your ability to have a child of your own! The male sperm has a crucial role in creating a new life in the womb of the woman. A minimum of 15 million sperms per ml is required to fertilize the egg and eventually to have a healthy pregnancy. Anything below 10 million is abnormal and the chances of pregnancy is severely diminished. A low sperm count can restrict your partner from getting pregnant. It may cause a psychological problem between couples too. But there is a way to avoid developing a low sperm count, before it’s too late. It is crucial to have healthy sperms both qualitatively & quantitatively. You can take homely preventive measures to ensure that you father a child soon. Here are some of the easy remedies to increase sperm count:
• Getting enough sleep
• Reduce smoking
• Managing your stress effectively through pranayama, meditation and mindfulness
• Consume enough of Vitamin D and calcium
• Reduce the intake of harmful fat.
• Running: This involves moderately running for about 30 to 45 minutes a day.
• Yoga Exercises that can help improve semen parameters: Sarvang Asana (Shoulder stand); Dhanur Asana (Bow pose); Hal Asana (Plough pose); Paschimottan Asana (Seated forward bend); Kumbahak Aasana (Plank pose); Bhujang Asana (Cobra pose); Pada hasta asana (Standing forward bend); and Nauka Asana (Boat Pose).
The food you eat also plays a crucial role to keep your sperm healthy; count wise, shape-wise & movement-wise. Foods to Improve Sperm Count: • Citrus fruits (Lemonade and oranges)
• Whole wheat grains (Brown rice)
• Banana, dark chocolate
• Seafood like oysters and wild salmon
• Milk products containing Vitamin D
• Spinach Exercise to Improve Sperm Count. Note: You need to keep in mind that too much exercising could reduce your sperm count too.
You should exercise moderately. If you have any queries regarding your fertility, contact our fertility specialists at GarbhaGudi IVF Centre, a leading fertility centre in Bangalore with 5-branches across the city.