AOL Mail is a free email service provided by AOL and is available in 54 languages. It has multiple features like a maximum mailbox size, supports IMAP, POP3, and SMTP protocols, possible linking to other email service providers like Gmail or Hotmail, Virus, and Spam protection. AOL mail service has a user base of 18 million and is widely accessible across the globe. AOL is also available on Smart phones Operating System, i.e., iOS and Android. However, many problems may occur while AOL Mail Server Settings Android using AOL mail, but fortunately, this blog can solve all such issues through this blog.
AOL Mail has different functions available:
1. Email can be attached up to a limit of 25 MB.
2. AOL supports POP3, SMTP, IMAP protocols.
3. Your maximum mailbox size is 1,000 new messages, 4,000 old messages, and 4,000 messages sent per screen name.
4. You can link to other email accounts from other service providers like Gmail and Hotmail.
5. Select Tools, then Account Settings from the Outlook menu.
6. Go to the Email tab and click New.
7. Select “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP”.
8. Type your name that you want to appear on the message line you send.
9. Enter your full AOL address in Email Address.
Be sure to include “@ aol.com”
10. Check “Manually configure or additional server types”.
Click on “Next”.
11. Make sure Internet email is selected. Then select IMAP under Account Type.
12. Type “imap.aol.com” in Incoming Mail Server.
13. Enter “smtp.aol.com” in Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
14. Enter your AOL username in Username. Enter your AOL password in Password.
Then click “More Settings”.
15. Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
16. Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
Now go to the Advanced tab.
17. For outgoing server (SMTP), in Server port numbers, type “587”:
18. Click “OK” and then “Next”. Click “Finish”. Click on “Close”.
Also Read: How to Install AOL Desktop Gold?
IMAP and SMTP Settings For AOL Mail Server Settings
AOL Mail IMAP Settings
A free web-based mail service provided by AOL is known as AOL Mail. It has several features that help personalize, organize and use your email. IMAP is a standard Internet protocol used by email clients and stands for Internet Message Access Protocol. IMAP is used to retrieve email from other sources. Now let’s look at the IMAP settings for AOL mail.
The steps for configuring AOL Mail IMAP are detailed below:
Set the AOL Mail IMAP server address to aol.com.
Set your full AOL Mail email address as AOL Mail IMAP username. For AOL email, this is your AOL username plus “@ aol.com”, such as: “firstname.lastname@example.org “(or @ verizon.net, or @ games.com, or @ love.com).
Set your AOL email password. AOL Mail IMAP password
Set the AOL Mail IMAP port to 993.
Set AOL Mail IMAP TLS / SSL required yes.
AOL Mail SMTP Settings
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. It is an Internet standard for the transmission of electronic mail (electronic mail). SMTP is used to send email messages between servers. Most email systems that send mail over the Internet use SMTP to send messages from one server to another.
Set SMTP outgoing server address as aol.com
Set the SMTP port to 587
Set SMTP security to STARTTLS
Set your full AOL Mail email address as the SMTP username. as: “email@example.com” (or @ verizon.net, or @ games.com, or @ love.com)
Set your AOL email password as an SMTP password.
Here are the steps for manual configuration of AOL mail using IMAP and SMTP on the Android phone:
Start by choosing the Mail icon from the screen of your applications. And then put the email address and email password. Select manual configuration
If you have chosen IMAP, be sure to enter the settings below and click Next.
Set up IMAP server as imap.aol.com
Set Security Type to None
Set port to 143 for IMAP
Secure – Port: 993 and Security Type: SSL / TLS (Accept all certificates)
Insecure – Port: 143 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
Also Read: How to Reset AOL Password?
Enter the following outgoing SMTP settings for AOL.CO.UK and click Select Next
Set up the SMTP server as smtp.aol.com
Set Security Type to None
Set the port to 587 for outgoing SMTP
Outgoing (SMTP) Secure Port: 465 to and Security type: SSL / TLS (Accept all certificates)
Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Secure Port: 587 and Security type: SSL / TLS (Accept all certificates)
Outgoing (SMTP) Port: 25 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Insecure Port: 587 and Security type: None (Accept all certificates)
Now you are ready to use your email account on your Android phone
Further reading: Comcast IMAP and SMTP settings
If you have need technical help for Setup and Configure AOL Mail Settings then contact our AOL Mail expert team to manual settings IMAP & SMTP. Our support team is available 24*7 to assist you.
Source URL: https://sites.google.com/view/technicalssolution/blog/aol-mail-server-settings-android