The Thread Lifts are the main element of one type of minimally invasive procedure with and without anchors. The PDO (polydioxanone) threads are inserted under the skin via a needle in order to improve the sagging skin and build collagen and elastin. These threads can be used for both face and body.
Types of PDO threads:
The PDO threads are available as smooth threads and also as barbed threads. The barbs in barbed threads can be in different directions to anchor the tissues and give a lifting and fixing effect. The barbs can be laser cut into the threads or they can be molded. The molded barbed threads tend to retain strength longer than the laser cut barbs. While the barbed threads can lift the tissue by giving a rejuvenated result immediately, the remaining part of the thread stimulates collagen and elastin. The smooth threads are often placed in groups and lattice pattern to give both support and stimulate the collagen over a period of several months.
How long does it last?
Threads are inserted thru a needle or cannula. Depending on the manufacturer, the threads themselves last for 4-6 months before they are absorbed by the body. During this time the presence of the threads stimulates the body to make collagen and elastin around the threads. After the threads dissolve you get to keep the collagen. The collagen building process continues for 12 or more months.
While PDO threads are not a replacement for Surgical Facelift NJ
, the procedure itself is minimally invasive. Numbing creams and/or numbing injections reduce the discomfort significantly.
Not everyone is a good candidate for PDO thread lifting procedure. Those with very thin skin and those with very thick skin, and those with medical conditions like poorly controlled diabetes, lupus, scleroderma and other connective tissue disorders are not candidates for this procedure.
ADVANTAGES OF USING PDO THREADS
- They are much less invasive than a surgical facelift.
- Polydioxanone is a biocompatible substance that is reabsorbed by the body over time.
- No allergic reactions are reported with the PDO threads. PDO absorbable threads have been used safely for several decades in surgery for suturing the organs and tissues with no long-term side effects.
- Its application in Aesthetic Medicine is relatively recent, pioneered initially in South Korea.
- They stimulate the production of natural collagen and elastin.
- The effect and benefits last up to12 to 24 months, depending on the patient.
- The threads are completely reabsorbed at 4-6 months.
- The duration of the procedure is short, from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the area.
- The effect of the lifting threads is immediate.
LIFTING THREADS: LIFTING EFFECT WITHOUT SURGERY
Perhaps, the most valued characteristic of lifting threads is that they produce a lifting or tightening effect in a minimally invasive way, without surgery. It is indicated for the treatment of mild or moderate laxity of skin and in those patients who cannot or do not wish to undergo a surgical facelift.
SMOOTH THREADS: COLLAGEN BUILDING AND VOLUMIZATION SAFELY WITHOUT TRADITIONAL FILLERS
Smooth threads are a lot safer than Dermal Fillers NJ
in many areas of the face, being considered as â€œsolid fillersâ€.
The most common side effect is bruising in the area. Hence it is important to plan the procedure to make sure that you do not have any important social event for 2 weeks after the procedure.
Just like any other aesthetic procedure a careful and detailed medical history, examination and evaluation are important to make sure the procedure is right for you.